Tuesday, December 15, 2009

recycled paper christmas trees

i was bored one sunday, and wanted some christmas decorations for our apartment, but everything was closed, so i dug up what i could find... 

these are the supplies. 
cereal box, tape, stapler and the awesome green striped printer paper i found at my school.

cut the cereal box into a semi-circle shape. trace a plate or freeform - it works.
the larger the circle, the taller the tree.



roll & staple the cardboard to make a cone shape.  the rounded part of the semi-circle will be the base.


cut many leaf shapes from the paper. mine average about 1.5 inches long and i used 2 pages of paper.

tape the leaves onto the cone in layers.


continue until you've covered the tree, and voila!


7 comments:

  1. Adorable. I am saving this to my bookmarks. Maybe I do with my students, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe... so creative! And I am suddenly inspired to sing "What's This?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. O HOLY NIGHT!!!! That's genious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea!! thanks for the tutorial!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute idea! THanks for stopping by my blog! I'm definitely going to have to try the recycled Christmas tree. My kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always loved these and now I have made an edible version xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a comment! i love to know what you think :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails